I received this Versatile Blogger award a couple of weeks ago and have severely procrastinated posting about it, thanks to some other recipes I was working on as well as the most recent Daring Bakers’ challenge. If it’s any comfort to you (although I don’t know why it would be, as most of you didn’t even know that I got this award), the seven interesting things about me that I have to post with it were definitely rolling around in my brain all the while.
After all, what is interesting? Interesting for me can border on the odd and slightly strange. For instance, freshman year of high school, in theater class, when my friend Celine (name changed to protect the innocent) and I had to scrape paint and tape off the stage floor while everyone else got to build sets, we spent the week singing “It’s a Hard Knock Life” as we scraped and scrubbed away at the floor like we were in the chorus of “Annie”.
Okay, I’ll stop babbling and just get to the actual award pseudo-ceremony.
In accepting this award, I must first thank the people who so kindly bestowed it upon me.
You all are fabulous bloggers in your own right and if I had any clue whatsoever about the rules of this award I’d send one right back to each of you.
Next comes the seven interesting facts about me. In no particular order…
- I speak Spanish fluently, understand Portuguese almost as well (although I don’t speak it—thank you Romance languages for all your marvelous similarities!), attempted to learn French but my brain kept switching to Spanish, and I know a fair amount of melodramatic Hindi from watching an obsessive amount of Bollywood movies.
- I was robbed of first-chair clarinet in junior high band.
- I’m addicted to Starbucks and coffee in all its forms.
- My biggest pet peeve in the entire universe is the sound of people chewing.
- I do the best Russian accent you’ve ever heard.
- I want to live in a Barnes & Noble. If that’s not possible, I’d be perfectly happy with Anthropologie. Or The Container Store.
- I dance a mean merengue.
Finally, I must pass this award on to a few of my other favorite bloggers.
I love catching up on all of your yummy creations and fun stories. Enjoy this photo of an award—from me to you. I personally geeked out over it way more than you’d expect.