November 3, 2010

Shoes, Glorious Shoes

If you’ve stumbled upon this post looking for some sort of recipe, tutorial, or anything else of intellectual merit, you’ve come to the wrong place.

Today, it’s about shoes.

Not cookies, not cakes, not turkey-jerky pot pies. Shoes.

Why are we talking about shoes, you ask? Simple. I can’t make a decision and I need your help.

In about a week, I’m going to my much-anticipated, much-loved, yearly Celtic Thunder concert. I’ve got my whole outfit planned—gorgeous green jacket with black seaming and sweet ruffles paired with dark-wash jeans. I had jacket pictures to show you, but they ended up looking a strange blue color, which simply won’t do.

The problem is, I can’t decide what shoes to wear. I need your help!

Here’s how we’ll do it: I’ll show you some pictures of both pairs of shoes, including a few pros and cons, and then you’ll give me your most excellent advice in the comments section. Sound good?

First, we’ve got my trusty ol’ pair of pointy-toed boots.

Pros: They’re great for optimum leg-lengthening, which at 5’4 is something that I really appreciate. They’re pretty comfortable, which comes in handy when you’re waiting in a line wrapped around the block for an indeterminate length of time. They protect my feet from the occasionally-beer-sticky floors of the venue.

Cons: They’re kinda plain. I’ve worn them many times, so they’ve become a little boring.

On to pair #2, the peep-toe platforms!

Pros: They’re ridiculously cute, with seaming that matches my jacket, little bows, and a very chic platform heel. They make my somewhat large feet look teeny tiny. I feel rawther gawgeous when I wear them.

Cons: I’ve never worn them for an extended period of time, so I don’t know if they’ll still be comfortable after three hours. There’s not as much foot protection from wet streets and spills from the occasional crazed margarita-on-a-chain drinker. They’re slightly less easy to walk in than the boots.

So there you have it! Each pair of shoes has their own merits. In the black boots, I feel like a streetwise ninja. In the peep-toes, I feel like a 1940’s pinup doll. It’s impossible to decide!

With that, I will kindly ask you to leave me a comment with your choice.

Thank you for indulging in my fashion neuroses. You’ll be handsomely rewarded with much yumminess in the near future.

13 comments:

  1. They are all fabulous, as are YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boots!! Better safe than sorry considering how icky and undesirable sticky toes would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Monica - the boots for comfort and ickyness factor and also because with your jeans being long you don't really appreciate the yumminess of the peep-toes, so save those for an occassioanl where they will be more appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both fabulous but since you don't know how well the peep-toes will feel after wearing them for several hours I would definitely go with the boots! They still look awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. something tells me there may not be a whole lot of drunken craziness at Celtic Thunder, go for the open toed beauties!!! (it is inside right? can you sit down during the show??) - if it's outside, and your standing, go for the streetwise ninja ensemble :) have a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've never commented before, as I just recently found your blog (love it!!). I also vote boots. I agree with the earlier comment, plus I think they are sleek enough to not detract attention from what sounds like an awesome jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go for the ones I know I'd be most comfy in. The peep-toes are very lovely though.

    I hope you have fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always go for comfort. you won't feel so gawgeous if you're limping around half the night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally i fell the boots looks gorgeous with the Jeans, At the end of the day what footwear gives you the comfort you should go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! Go with the close-toed shoes. You wouldn't want your tooties to freeze to death in this cold weather. It's practically Serbia in Houston these days! Have fun at the concert :)

    -Val

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Phoodie completely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say that I'm surprised at the overwhelming boot consensus! Phoodie makes a great point about not being able to really see the peep-toe. Val also makes a valid point that things have been chilling down in H-town as of late.

    All in all, you've succeeded in changing my mind and steering me towards the more practical choice of the boots. They're no peep-toes, but they're definitely nothing to scoff at.

    I shall do my best to document the results of this decision.

    Oh, and a big, cookie-covered welcome to my newest commenter, Kati! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! By leaving a comment, you officially become one of my favorite people. Mwah! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...