This is not going to be a long post, with me waxing poetic about how cool Guinness cupcakes are.
Because I spent the day here.
The doctor’s office, to be exact. Yesterday afternoon, I started getting chills, nausea, fever, and all that good stuff. Within the past twenty-four hours, I have done the following:
- Plopped on the comfy chair in the living room.
- Enjoyed a 102 degree fever.
- Watched (read: slept) my way through the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice.
- Which I dubbed “The Real Housewives of Merryton.”
- Drank twenty gazillion gallons of lemonade and Sprite.
- Watched QVC’s St. Patrick’s Day special for the better part of the evening, causing somewhat hallucinatory dreams involving Connemara marble and chunky knits.
- Went to the doctor.
- Peed in a cup.
- Got a flu test.
- Those things are awful, aren’t they? It’s pretty much like you’re being stabbed in the nose. While the nurse smiles and chats with you.
- Joked with my doctor about not having an appetite because I’ve been eating Guinness cupcakes nonstop for the past two days.
- She didn’t laugh.
- I believe she thinks I’m an alcoholic now.
- Read an AARP magazine.
- Found out that I might have some sort of stomach virus.
- My doctor was kinda just like, “Heyyy, let’s send you home and see if your fever spikes, mkay? Call us if that happens.”
- Went back home and huddled under a three blankies while my sister made me some warm soda bread.
- She’s rawther nice.
- Watched a video of James Franco singing “You’re Just too Good to be True.”
- Napped some more.
- Wrote a blog post.
Basically, I just wanted to let you know that it will probably be a little while before I post something new, since the whole “nausea + cooking” fandango really doesn’t work that well. In meantime, if you’re interested in some St. Patrick’s Day yummyness, grab the recipe for these cupcakes here at My Baking Addiction. If you like your cupcakes to taste uber Guinness-y, eat them right away. If you enjoy a cupcake with a milder, chocolate-caramel flavor, wait 24 hours. Either way, they’re pretty darn tasty.
Hope you have a great St. Patrick’s Day, full of green things, Irishy-ness, and lotsa good craic!